Role of the Science Advisory Group
The Science Advisory Group (SAG) exists to provide NERC and the FMRI Board with independent expert advice about the science case for the programme. Its role is to ensure that the programme delivers benefit to the UK marine science community and international partners.
The responsibilities of the SAG include:
- Advising NERC and the FMRI Board regarding the science case.
- Ensuring that infrastructure aligns to current/expected demands across disciplines.
- Coordinating in-depth reviews of underlying scientific requirements.
- Highlighting opportunities for complementarity with other initiatives.
- Supporting the Lead Scientist with the activities to develop the Science Requirements Framework.
- Acting as a champion for the FMRI programme within the science community.
Prof Alex Rogers Chair, Ocean Census
Dr Filipa Carvalho National Oceanography Centre
Dr Helen Czerski University College London
Estelle Dumont Scottish Association for Marine Science
Prof Kerry Howell University of Plymouth
Prof Claire Mahaffey University of Liverpool
Prof Bhavani Narayanaswamy Scottish Association for Marine Science
Dr Katrien Van Landeghem Bangor University
The membership of the SAG remains under review to ensure that it appropriately reflects the diversity of the marine science community.